Sometimes I miss the bad old days.
I know we've learned a lot and live longer and healthier lives than we did back in the day, but sometimes I miss the shorter and unhealthy lives of yester-year. It's not that I would ever want to go back thirty years, but there are definitely things I miss, such as the following ten items:
- Riding things with wheels without first spending twenty minutes suiting up in protective armor (i.e., helmets, pads, special eye wear, shoes).
- Riding in cars without seat belts. Which includes, but is not limited to: riding in the back of pick up trucks, and doubling the capacity of cars by riding on laps.
- Second-hand smoke. Few things bring back my pleasant 1977 memories of Disneyland than the smell of a stranger's cigarette.
- The Marathon candy bar!
- Letting kids run around the neighborhood and surrounding areas unsupervised.
- Everything not causing cancer.
- No commercials on Cable TV.
- Eating raw-egg-containing cookie dough without fear.